25 Great Adventure Songs for Your Travels - indie88.com
Looking for adventure songs to inspire your next trip, or at least make you feel like you're headed somewhere exciting after a million years (at least) of lockdown? We've got you. Here's a playlist of the best adventure songs ever.
Adventure Songs Playlist Breakdown
Choosing adventure songs is no small task. We've carefully curated this list for you to take you to far-away lands, ignite your wanderlust, and hopefully satisfy that need to get out of your boring life and reach into the great unknown… through music.
10 Best Adventure Songs

- Land Down Under by Men at Work
Obvious? You bet. It's a classic song about exploring. But if you're on the road and this song comes on, you'll likely start humming and your mind will probably start wondering wtf vegemite is and why it's such a big deal.
2. I've Been Everywhere Man by Johnny Cash
The man whose voice makes panties drop will also make you want to keep up with his claim to have been everywhere, man. And wo-man. IMO, Johnny Cash belongs on any playlist, and this is no exception.
3. Desert Rose by Sting
Does anyone else instantly think of Hansel collecting his award in Zoolander when they think of Sting? I sure do.
"Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music that he's been making over the years? I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it… I respect that."
Well, Hansel. We do listen to it, especially when seeking adventure.
4. Where The Streets Have No Name by U2
On the list of things that 'first worlders' don't think about: The fact that in many other countries, the streets literally have no names.
Allow Bono to carry you away to such a place when you listen to this song.
5. Havana by Camila Cabello
Ok, I realize there are a lot of movie references here and this is a blog for a radio station, but I'm on a roll here so I'll go with it. I know Mr. and Mrs. Smith was a highly questionable movie, but this song immediately makes me think of that sexy-ass scene where Brad and Angelina are in Colombia and she takes that shot of tequila. Yummy.
Anyways.
This one will get your hips swayin' and thinking of far-away lands.
6. On The Road Again by Willie Nelson
One of the top good travel songs to hit 'play' on when you've settled into a road trip.
Just can't wait to get on the road again…
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again
7. Montego Bay by Amazulu
Please, please go watch this video from 1986 – complete with 80s bikini babes and group dancing – and tell me it doesn't make you want to go to Jamaica. Or at least somewhere. Music videos from the 80s give me hope, and this is some of the best music for adventure.
8. Midnight Train To Georgia By Gladys Knight And The Pips
A midnight train anywhere sounds super romantic and kinda weird, even though Georgia may not be at the top of your travel list. Or maybe it is. I don't want to offend Georgia.
This song definitely gets me thinking of alternative travel methods, that's for sure. I've never even been on a train. Have you?
9. Me Gustas Tu by Manu Chao
I was on a beach recently listening to Manu and realized that even though I listened to him a TON in the early 2010s (not sure why then, because the album I was listening to was released in 1998) I never realized that most of the songs sound the same.
But then I realized that it didn't really matter because I'd had four Coronas, I love the sound, and this dude sings in Spanish, French, English, Portugese, Greek, and occasionally other languages.
What could be more inspiring for adventure than a hyper-multi-lingual guy with bongo drums?
10. Roam by the B-52s
Please, go watch this music video and tell me it doesn't make you want to travel, and then superimpose video of yourself canoeing on top of other footage of various rivers around the world. Her hair… the images of clipart floating on the screen… it all makes me want to expand my horizons and basically roam around the world.
5 Great Travel Songs

1. Kokomo by The Beach Boys
For any adventure song to be worth its space on your adventure song playlist, it needs to make you want to get to your destination fast and then take it slow.
That's where I wanna go. You know, down to Kokomo.
2. Mexico by James Taylor
Ohhh Mexico. This wholesome song will have you booking a flight down South asap cuz he just makes it sound so good.
3. On Top of The World by Imagine Dragons
This anthem is super uplifting and inspiring, and would be perfect to listen to on a plane travelling to somewhere exciting. You know, listen to it on a plane because when you're up that high you're on top of the world.
That was self-explanatory, right? Also, the haircuts in this video: Inspiring to my soul.
4. Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf
These days, it is wild to travel. But with covid restrictions lifting all over the globe, very soon you'll be able to plug in your Steppenwolf and…
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our wayyyy
Just make sure you're aware of quarantine procedures wherever you're headed cuz you don't want to be too wild.
5.New York State Of Mind by Billie Joel
Isn't it fascinating to think that there's a corresponding state of mind to different cities?
If you've been to New York, you know this to be true… and it also translates to so many other destinations. What would you say is the 'Toronto state of mind?'. Feel free to comment below, I'm curious.
5 Songs About New Adventures
1. Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson
There's an undeniable quality of expansion and self-reflection to travel and having new adventures. Michael captures that with 'Man In The Mirror', which will inspire you to reflect on your role in our global society and how you can contribute… and that sort of thing.
2. Kathmandu by Bob Seger
So many options! Travel up mountains for a different perspective on the world. Thanks Bob.
3. Istanbul Not Constantinople by They Might Be Giants
There's an 'international' sound to this song that gets my mind travelling to far-away lands and pondering new adventures. Isn't it incredible how a song can do that?
4. California Dreamin' by The Mamas & The Papas
There's such a dreamy sound to this song. And if you're Canadian (depending on the season) you're probably thinking: "I would be safe and warm… if I was in L.A."
5. Bali Eyes by Porno for Pyros
Yes, it's obscure. And yes, it made it onto this list because it has "Bali" in the title. But seriously… go listen to the lyrics about their mushroom trip and tell me it doesn't take you to faraway places.
5 Best Love Songs About Adventure

- When I'm Gone (Cups Song) by Anna Kendrick
I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
The one with the prettiest of views
It's got mountains, it's got rivers, it's got sights to give you shivers
But it sure would be prettier with you
You can't sing about adventure without the obvious pain of having to leave what you love behind. Hopefully, if you have the cup skills Anna does, you have someone to sing this to before you leave on your next adventure.
2. Leaving on a Jet Plane
I realize Chantal Kreviazuk didn't sing this song first (John Denver did), but I saw her in person at a small venue in Vancouver a decade ago. She was just about to start singing this song, and people by the bar were loud-talking. She called them out so hard. It will stay with me forever because of how soft and lovely her voice is, and how contrastingly badass she can be.
"Excuse me. You guys by the bar. I'm trying to sing a song here." Dead silence.
No joke. I bet those cats by the bar will remember it for long-time, too.
This will forever be one of the best love songs about adventure.
3. Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran
This song explores love and sharing cigarettes at a pub in Ireland, and true to Ed Sheeran, it bops. Casual love is still love, and this song is adventurous and lovely all at once.
4. Around The World by Daft Punk
This song evokes grinding at clubs in the early 2000s and to me, that's a love song about adventure. The adventure of going to a club and grinding pre-covid, and the adventure of travelling around the world with that funky beat in your ears.
5. Rio by Michael Nesmith
Travel to Rio. Fall in love. And please watch this video and enjoy how bored he looks when he's singing — it brought me joy.
We hope you enjoyed this compilation of the best travel adventure songs, and we wish you safety and fun on your next adventure, even if you're just mind-travelling through music like we are.
Comments
Post a Comment